Interesting Facts About Cadillac
This car manufacturer is best known for luxury cars. They are big, comfortable and they have big engines. But, latest Cadillac cars are fast and powerful. Some of them are compared with sports cars from different countries. They also have some interesting concepts. Some of them are very powerful. This company has a long history so, there are many interesting facts about it. Luckily, we know all of them.
• In 2012, Cadillac sold 150.000 cars in the United States. China was the second largest market.
• Cadillac is the second oldest American car. The first is General Motors. But, there is some dispute about this. Some people claim that Cadillac is the oldest company.
• Cadillac invested a lot of money in order to start mass production. Today, it is known as the most luxury American car.
• President Cadillac has a 6.5 litre diesel engine. It also has a supercharger. Despite all this power, the top speed is 60 mph. This car needs 15 seconds to reach this speed. The reason for this ‘’performance’’ is weight. It is 6.350kg. It is one of the heaviest cars on roads.
• The Presidential Cadillac is hermetically sealed. This means it is resistant to chemical attack.
• Cadillac is responsible for curved glass windshield. They introduce it after the World War II.
• Cadillac invented the electric starter. They invented it in 1912. Before it, people had a hard time starting engines on their cars.
• Cadillac was the first car to have electric lights. Today, they are one of the most important part on any car.
• The president Cadillac can run without tires.